The State of Texas offers several incredible programs that can help home buyers get into a new home by paying 3-5% of their down payment and closing costs, making it very reasonable to buy a home, sometimes for even less than renting!
You may be thinking this is too good to be true and I thought the same thing when I first heard about this program but now have used this with multiple buyers and they have LOVED it!
Here are some of the highlights!
• 3-5% of your Down Payment and closing costs paid for you.
• Not just for first time home buyers.
• You NEVER have to pay it back.
• 620 Credit Score Min.
• Must take a few hour home buyer class online or in person.
• Low to moderate income quality (the lender can check to see if your income qualifies).
• You could sell the home 6 month or 4 years later and keep the equity from the assistance.
This program can be used with income tax credit of up to $2000 a year and can be used with conventional loan, FHA 3.5% down loan, as well as VA and USDA 0% down programs.
Find out more information here and I will get you in contact with a preferred lender that specializes in down payment assistance. http://downpaymentprogram.specialfinancing.org
See if you qualify for one of the programs here in 4 easy questions: http://www.tsahc.org/homebuyers-renters/take-the-eligibility-quiz